Katrin Caine was born in Annaberg-Buchholz. She studied singing and musical education at the University of Music Augsburg-Nürnberg.
Katrin Caine is a coloratour soprano and sang for ten years at the „Staatstheater am Gärtnerplatz“ in Munich.
She was a soloist in various free productions. Her debut was Celia in the musical „The promised Land“, for which she worked as a coproducer as well. She sang Adele in the „Fledermaus“, Belinda in „Dido und Äneas“, Sand- und Taumännchen in „Hänsel und Gretel“ and several roles in the „Magic Flute“: as First Boy, Second Lady, Papagena and the Queen of the Night. She sang the part of Dao Yu in the premiere of the Chinese opera „The dream of the red Chamber“ by Wang Ai Tien.
She was a soloist in many masses and performed in great churches in Europe like the Straßburger Münster, the Veitsdom in Prag and Frauenkirche in Munich.
She worked for ten years with a lot of excitement as a teacher for voice coaching and choir at the music school of Grünwald in the south of Munich where her young students won several prizes.
She organized a variety of children’s performances.
Katrin also worked at the Educational Institute of the City of Munich to train and improve the musical teaching abilities of kindergarden teachers.
It is her passion to make people discover classical music, opera and singing for themselves. So she loves to work with children and musical amateurs as well as with professionals.
2008 move to Mauritius.
Here she founded together with Paul Olsen and Martin Wettges Opera Mauritius.
Since then they produced:
- 2009 Pearlfishers
- 2010 Carmen
- 2011 Hansel and Gretel
- 2012 La Traviata
- 2013 Dido and Aeneas
- 2015 Orphee aux Enfers with IOPA
- Katrin Caine is the conductor of the following Mauritian choirs:
- Opera Choir (project choir for operas)
- CANTIAMO! (chamber choir consisting of 32 singers)
- RAINBOW VOICES (children’s and youth choir)
She has introduced the concept of OperaDinners to Mauritius and performed in many concerts.
As a soloist she was to be heard and seen
- 2010 as Mercedes in the opera “Carmen”
- 2011 in the leading role of Donna in the Musical “Mamma mia”
- 2011 in the leading role of Gretel in the opera “Hansel and Gretel”
- 2012 Christine in “Phantom of the Opera” a shortened version of the musical for a Gala Banquet at the ruins of Balaclava/ Maritim hotel
- 2012 One Woman Musical “I Am a Good Girl”
- 2012 as Flora in “La Traviata”
- 2012 in the leading role of Maria in the Musical “The Sound of Music” with Gerard Sullivan
- 2013 Belinda in “Dido and Aeneas”
- 2013 Sonia in “Godspell” with Gerard Sullivan
- 2014 Narrator in “Zozef” with Gerard Sullivan
- 2015 Diana in ”Orphee aux Enfers”
- 2016 Sister Mary Roberts in “Sister Act” with Gerard Sullivan
Katrin Caine wrote musicals, stories and songs for children. Two of her musicals are published as a book and CD: „Der kleine Kerl vom anderen Stern“ and „Drei kleine Hexen“.
2016 she published the musical “Three Little Witches” in Mauritius and produced it on stage with her children’s choir Rainbow Voices.